Thursday, October 22, 2009

Life...

I have been wanting to sit down and compose my thoughts since my Grandpa passed away last Friday and this is the first chance that I've had to do so.

Death, unfortunately, gets me thinking. About life. I just want to make sure that I don't take any moment for granted.

With my kids I have been finding myself getting really short on patience lately. Payton (my 2-year-old) is starting to test the waters with me and I have not been as loving or full of grace as I need to be. And I know these years are going to fly by. They already have! I can't believe that Payton is 2, going on 20! So I am resolving to continue down the path of training up my children to behave, but to do so with with grace for them. I want to make sure I have enough playing and laughing time too.

I have also thought about all the things that I would like to say to people that I haven't said. My dad wanted to talk with my Grandpa one last time and he wasn't able to. So I started thinking about what I would want to say to my dad if he passed away unexpectedly. I want to make sure he hears these things before it's too late.

I know that many of us have had moments like this. Where we sit and really reflect on life. I want to make sure that I take these reflections and really apply them to my life. I want to live each moment to it's fullest, enjoying everything that Papa has for me and my family! I want to make sure that I share Papa's love with everyone, and not be afraid to speak the truth out. I want everyone I love to know how much I love them, and I want them to know how much God loves them.

So I am going to live the life that Papa has for me! I am going to love for Him and live for Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment