Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Realizing Goals!

At church on Sunday during worship I felt like the Lord the leading me to redefine my goals. So looking back over the last couple of weeks of my posts I realized that I have been focusing on goals, but God gave me specific instruction to formalize my goals in more areas.


In the past few weeks I have defined my cleaning goals. I have a cleaning chart set out, and it has helped to declutter my life and give my family more peace.


John and I have set spending goals together. This has shown us where we are and where we want to go. It hasn't been perfect over the last couple of weeks with money, but we are learning and will get there.


So, now I feel like I am to set out specific goals for other areas.


My number one goal that I want to define is my relationship with Papa. I want to ensure that I am moving onward and upward, and spending more time being in His presence and just knowing Him. (During my journaling I am going to write out more specific goals.) I also want to set goals for who I feel like God is calling me to be a tool in leading to Him. I want to set specific goals for reading, journaling, and spending time in prayer. Not that I will be strict about the schedule, but I need more purpose and structure. I am hoping my setting specific goals in this area it will give me more focus.


I am excited to put these plans in action and look back in a couple of months and identify what's working and what's not working, throw things out and add new in. I want to see that changes in me, my family, and my home. I am hoping that I will gain a deeper understanding of who Papa is and how much he loves me. I hope that it will be evident in my everyday life, and that it will affect those around me. So I am moving forward with the purpose of realizing my goals, and this gives me a new bounce in my step!

1 comment:

  1. May you be abundantly blessed on your journey.

    ReplyDelete